Re: Packages without LICENSE

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 07:27:39PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
 > I think it's time to set "LICENSE?= unknown-license", so that building
 > package without a LICENSE set throws an error.  This seems reasonable
 > because such a package is not know to have a license from
 > DEFAULT_ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES.

If there's that many without a license, this will just throw builds
into chaos without helping much.

A recent bulk pkglint run yielded 5364 instances of
   ERROR:  Each package must define its LICENSE.

which given various pkglint issues probably means the real number is
~5000 or so.

If anyone can think of an effective way to move these forward, we
should probably do it...

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost