Packages without LICENSE

I've encountered a GPLv2 package that was not listed as such, and ran a
short check:

/usr/pkgsrc $ git grep -L "LICENSE" |grep 'Makefile$' |wc -l
    6393

There are approximately ~6000 packages with no LICENSE.
Do we see this as a problem worth resolving?

wip/ninka is supposed to be a tool to automatically detect license from
source code (currently broken). Will automating this task be acceptable?