Re: Implement dash as bootstrap shell

Le 10/12/15 01:23, Jonathan Perkin a écrit :
> Yeh, as I wrote in a later mail this is what I'm currently working on.
> I now have an Ubuntu 14.04 machine running bulk builds with its native
> /bin/dash, and will work on this branch (which already has the printf
> fix):
>
>   https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc/tree/joyent/bulktest/fix-dash-octal
>
> Once we're done with the branch we can revisit this.  As for pdksh, I
> will for completeness perform a new bulk build with it to see if it
> fares any better.  As I mentioned earlier, in previous testing it was
> horribly broken, at times unable to even build lang/perl, so it will
> be interesting to see if this is fixed.  Given it was never able to
> perform a full build there was no chance to do any meaningful
> performance comparison, so that will also be useful.
>
> Cheers,

As for perl/pdksh, I already mentioned and have worked around for SunOS
the use of bash because of the documented bash'isms in perl. That was a
few versions back already, though...

Just tried pdksh on ABI=32 and that seems to build/test ok (well, the locale
errors are still there but that is a different proble), so perhaps perl
cleaned up their scripts as I see now explicit support for ksh and pdksh.

If ABI=64 works as well, then as far as I'm concerned the bash shell
override hack can be reverted.

--
Richard PALO