Re: Implement dash as bootstrap shell

Tobias Nygren <tnn%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> I'm in favor of this change. But personally I'd also remove the pdksh
> bootstrap shell support. If we do want to permit ksh as an option we
> should switch it from pdksh to mksh and build it like your patch does
> for dash. So it might be a good idea to not hardcode dash in that code
> but instead parametrize the package path and shell name.

I agree that having --with-bootstrap-shell=foo or something like that
seems better than having --with-dash and others.

I don't think you were suggesting removing pdksh bootstrap support now,
just to align the new changes to make that more sensible later.  But in
case you did mean that, I think it's too late in the branch cycle to
start discussing removing anything in the infrastructure.