Re: pkgsrc-wip: how much CVS history imported to git?

On Tue, 29 Sep 2015, Mateusz Poszwa wrote:

> Instead of applying a diff, I suggest using
> $ git checkout    <sha> -- foo bar/baz
> or if only some parts need reverting
> $ git checkout -p <sha> -- foo bar/baz

Thanks!  This is just the pointer I needed.  One thing to keep in mind
is that one must use the <sha> hash of the commit BEFORE the one that
changed the bit you're interested in rolling back.

Back under CVS, I just used:

  $ cvs update -D "<datespec>" foo

to roll back to just a minute or so before the earliest change in the
affected group of files.  I suppose using:

  git log --before foo --after bar

would have shown me the relevant commit hash(es), but it wasn't clear how
to give the datespecs.