Re: small hal update

Le 25/09/15 17:48, Jonathan Perkin a écrit :
> * On 2015-09-25 at 14:19 BST, Richard PALO wrote:
>
>> Small update adding initial smf support to hal for SunOS
>>
>> At the same time, correct a PKG_HOME.haldaemon to /var/run/hald which is actually used.
>> Use it now for substitution.
>>
>> any problems with this before I commit?
>> http://www.netbsd.org/~richard/0001-update-hal-with-smf-manifest-and-method-and-a-correc.patch
>
> Looks mostly good:
>
>  - No need to set SMF_NAME, it already defaults to what you set it to.

OKAY, it was SMF_METHOD that wasn't...

>  - Not sure the BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM.SunOS setting will take effect,
>    given we already remove --as-needed by default in
>    mk/platform/SunOS.mk (which is why this hasn't been necessary so
>    far).  Separately, it might be worth a bulk build adding the
>    -zignore rename by default to see what falls out.

I'm personally of the mindset that this is very package related, so in my tree
I have reverted your platform removals and deal with things one by one (very few, actually).
This keeps a bit of parity between platforms with similar restrictions (to at least do something)
and has, in the past, to better deal with platform evolution ... in this case the linker.

>  - Will need to bump PKGREVISION due to change in the binary package.

Yes, waited for the push... done.

--
Richard PALO