Re: SMF handling for removed packages

15. 1. 2015 v 2:05, Paul B. Henson <henson%acm.org@localhost>:

> [...]

Also mind the case where an unexpected technical hiccup might makes the package upgrade longer. In case of a simple service that loads everything into memory and doesn’t fork anymore, an orphaned process may just work fine and cover your back while you figure out the problem, upgrade and restart.

> Perhaps the best that can be done for now would simply be a message during
> the uninstall similar to the other cleanup messages suggesting they should
> disable and delete the service if it will no longer be used?

Yes, I think this would be harmless and actually helpful.

-F