Re: SMF handling for removed packages

13. 1. 2015 v 22:42, Paul B. Henson <henson%acm.org@localhost>:
> However, given the files are gone, the next time the service is restarted or
> the machine boots the service will drop to maintenance mode.
>
> It seems that when an smf supported package is removed, the service should
> be stopped, and removed from SMF?

Yes, possibly. There’s a variable right now that prevents SMF from being auto-imported, so I can imagine a similar one that would do for auto-removal.

The first step maybe could be for DEINSTALL to suggest stopping the service (or just do it) though. If you kept configuration properties inside a SMF service, you’d lose that information with every package update; you’d want to keep the SMF imported instead. Right now I’m not sure how many SMF manifests are set up that way in pkgsrc.

-F