Re: rollback print/cups for pkgsrc-2014Q2?

eric%cirr.com@localhost (Eric Schnoebelen) writes:

> Thomas Klausner writes:

> - I don't like that for maintenance reasons, but a meta package of
> - appropriate name (cups-working? :) that depends on both would be ok
> - in my eyes.
>
> I can't say I'm fond of the idea either, but pkgsrc does have
> the infrastructure to handle a package needing multiple source
> tar-balls to build.

I think it's best to keep separate source tarballs as separate packages,
unless that is really awkward *for packaging*.

> In reality, if you install cups-filters, all will work as
> desired (or will after I check in the small set of changes and
> clean ups in a little bit.) But in it's current naming scheme,
> it's extremely non-obvious that you must have cups-filters to
> have a working cups printing system.

Can cups just depend on cups-filters?

> I'd be inclined to name the meta package "cups", and have what
> is currently cups built/installed as cups-server or cups-base.

cups-base seems ok.  I guess cups-server is accurate, but it seems that
if one wants to have a machine without a printer automatically discover
machines with printers, it feels like a client machine, even though to
be a printer client you locally run a server.  Hence I don't like
cups-server.