Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install/files/lib

  On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 01:50:27PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
  > For the network-as-distribution, installing and running doesn't cause
  > trouble; the trouble comes from offering network access to derived
  > works.

  ...which we create in pkgsrc as soon as there is one non-trivial patch.
  Depending on the lawyer you ask, even packaging itself might be
  considered derived work.

  That's why I have problems with the AGPL, that I don't have with the
  GPL3.

But the sources for the derived work, if packaging and patching count,
are quite publically available from pkgsrc CVS, which entirely satisfies
the intent of the license.

That said, I see your point; if TNF wants to issue an acceptable-license
policy statement I'm happy to follow it.