Re: use of print/texlive/package.mk

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 12:01:25AM -0600, Brook Milligan wrote:
> I have just tried to build a package for the forloop LaTeX package by
> copying the print/tex-a0poster Makefile.  The resulting Makefile is
> below.  However, when I tried to run 'make makesum', only various
> NetBSD repositories were checked.  Similarly, the command
>
>      make show-var VARNAME=MASTER_SITES
>
> yielded a list of NetBSD sites, not CTAN sites.  As a result, it seems
> that the following clause in print/texlive/package.mk
>
>      .if empty(TEXLIVE_USE_CTAN)
>      MASTER_SITES?=   ${MASTER_SITE_BACKUP}
>      .else
>      MASTER_SITES?=   ${MASTER_SITE_TEX_CTAN:=systems/texlive/tlnet/archive/}
>      .endif
>
> has no effect on pointing to CTAN.  Note that if the MASTER_SITES line
> in the Makefile below is not commented out, everything works fine.
>
> Perhaps I am doing this wrong, but this is exactly what
> print/tex-a0poster does.
>
> I would appreciate an explanation of what is going on here and how to
> fix it.

The tex packages on the master site have no version number in the
name.
For this reason, we mirror the tarballs we package on ftp.NetBSD.org;
however, this step isn't automatic at all right now. You have to
manually fetch the tarball and put it in the appropriate DIST_SUBDIR
on ftp.NetBSD.org.

Hope this helps,
 Thomas