Re: "doc" option

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 07:29:14AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I'm curious which split packages have been easier.  The two I've been
> involved with (amanda, gimp-print) have been very painful.  I maintain
> several packages with conditonal PLISTs and those have been less trouble
> (although simler to start with).

For me, the main problem is that quite a few packages do change their
installed files quite a bit over time, and the automatic tools for
managing PLISTs (i.e. make print-PLIST) isn't smart enough to pick up
${PLIST.foo} from the existing PLIST. For these packages, updating the
PLISTs is a pain IMO.
 Thomas