Re: "doc" option

Julio Merino <jmmv%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> Maintaining PLISTs in chunks or PLISTs with ${var} expansions to
> specify what gets included or not is a royal PITA, yes.

I haven't found this to be the case, at least for reasonably stable
upstreams.

> Separate packages require more initial effort to create but: are
> completely binary friendly and, in the long term, are easier to
> maintain (aka one single PLIST per package!).

I'm curious which split packages have been easier.  The two I've been
involved with (amanda, gimp-print) have been very painful.  I maintain
several packages with conditonal PLISTs and those have been less trouble
(although simler to start with).