Re: how to bootstrap a 64 bit installation on Solaris?

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Georg Schwarz
<georg.schwarz%freenet.de@localhost> wrote:
> I'm trying to install pkgsrc as a 64 bit installation on Solaris 8.
> To get started, I downloaded and installed gcc 3.4.6 from ssunfreeware.com.
> Bootstrapping as such works fine. However, when it comes to compiling a
> package that needs devel/gettext-tools, I end up like this:
>
> libgcc_s.so.1: wrong
> ELF class: ELFCLASS32
>
> Unfortunately, lang/gcc34 as well as lang/gcc44 are among the packages that
> depend on devel/gettext-tools.
>
> When I try to compile lang/gcc3-c++ I end up with the same issue.
>
> So I first did a 32 bit installation of pkgsrc and was able to compile
> lang/gcc3 and lang/gcc34 (lang/gcc as well as lang/gcc44 had other issues).
>
> However, when I do the 64 bit installation with one of these compilers I end
> up just the same with devel/gettext-tools.
>
> Is there a way to get a 64 bit installation of pkgsrc when one has only the
> 32 bit compiler/libs to start from?

Have you looked at:
  http://wiki.netbsd.se/How_to_use_pkgsrc_on_Solaris
which links to:
  http://www.oe-files.de/oefiles/lab/solpkgsrc
which links to:
  http://perso.telecom-paristech.fr/~dauphin/pkgsrcmywork/

most things talk about solaris 10 as the target, but they may still
have helpful ideas.

 - Tim