Re: handling redirect download/on the fly packaging URLs?

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 04:44:56 +0900, Georg Schwarz
<georg.schwarz%freenet.de@localhost> wrote:

I'm trying to add a package which needs to fetch its source (in
tar.gz format) from http://github.com/philpraxis/ss7calc/tarball/master
Of course I could add the URL to which one gets redirected, but this
is insufficent since the tarball is only created on the fly when the
download URL in requested.
What's the best way to handle this with pkgsrc?

"master" should not be used in pkgsrc main tree (probaby OK on pkgsrc-wip).
How about waiting for TAG, or based on commit ID?
For example, define MASTER_SITES as following (see prefix `-'), and define
DISTNAME as you like.

MASTER_SITES=-http://github.com/philpraxis/ss7calc/archives/468e1ffb6860d63fbab9523d6dbc55935913a0bc

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)