Re: Slow build times on Mac OS X

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:00:25AM -0500, Larson, Timothy E. wrote:
> > So it seems to be worthwile to use "pdksh" under Mac OS X.
> > But I'm not sure whether we should enforce that in "bootstrap".
> > Maybe an "--use-pdksh" option?
>
> I think --use-shell=foo would be better if you're going that route.

I don't think that would work. You can e.g. not simply use "/bin/zsh"
because it will break "libtool". You have to create a symlink "sh"
which points to "zsh". This will convince "zsh" to start in "sh"
compatibility mode and "libtool" works.

And "pdksh" is a package which needs to be built during bootstrap.

        Kind regards