fam complexity

I ran pkg_rolling-replace on a machine which shouldn't have any gnome
goop on it (web server for trac which has graphviz).  It failed with:

===> Installing for libgamin-0.1.10
ERROR: libgamin-0.1.10 conflicts with installed package(s):
ERROR:     fam-2.7.0nb9
ERROR: They install the same files into the same place.
ERROR: Please remove conflicts first with pkg_delete(1).
*** Error code 1

So I did

  make replace OLDNAME=fam

which will temporarily bork

 glib2->pango->graphviz->trac-plugins-GraphViz-0.7.5.4543

until pkg_rr finishes.

I don't see any easy ways out of these kinds of messes, but wanted to
mention it.

There are of course the questions "why does graphviz need glib2" and
"why does glib2 have fam services built in" but I realize the people on
tech-pkg aren't the right crowd to berate about that :-)