Re: paths.h and Opensolaris?

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, Carl Brewer wrote:
Wouldn't it be better if the paths.h included in pkgsrc nbcompat was found automagically by bmake after bootstrap is run, and that it had all these defines in it set appropriately for SunOS?

No. It's a fact that there are differences in Unix systems, and you're hitting one of them. We're not going to fool any non-NetBSD system into thinking it's facing a (full) NetBSD system. What we're usually doing is providing a "proper" fix, and submit it upstream, so that the software can even be built without pkgsrc in the future. This benefits the full Open Source community, not only the part that uses pkgsrc.

 - Hubert