Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/graphics/gtkimageview

Greg Troxel wrote:

Sorry - I didn't get how that worked.  I now see that pkgsrcIgnore= is
set to the DISTNAME when MASTER_SITES is concatenated, and the
FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS is unnecessary but not harmful.

Yep, that's it :)

No, I was suggesting that pkgsrc have a feature that one can express
that a particular site has an odd download method.  Perhaps that can be
"this method is odd" and "here's how to combine MASTER_SITES, DISTNAME,
and EXTRACT_SUFX to make a URL", with "this method is odd" being enough
to add the FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS like you suggest.  This is really just
about what you are doing, except it removes the pkgsrcIgnore kludge, and
it doesn't try to cram everything in MASTER_SITES.

I don't quite get how this would look in the package's Makefile. How would you ask for this behaviour under your suggestion?