Re: dependancies and bulk builds

 >>  >> Only packages affected by security fixes can be rebuild in this case.
 >>  >> pbulk can do this.
 >>
 >> > How ?
 >>
 >> pbulk.conf:
 >>   limited_list=...
 >>
 >> At least it worked months ago when I used pbulk.
 >>
 >> There are lots of ways to get a list packages changed since the
 >> last bulk build including pkg_update_src_summary/pkg_src_summary +
 >> pkg_cmp_summary.
 >>
 >> Of course security fixes should NOT change ABI/API.

> So I have to compute the list by hand. Any idea if it can be automated
> in some way ?

By hands? No, provided that commits to quarter branches do not change API.

See wip/pkg_summary-utils

Idea/example of how to run pbulk for quarter branches (for critical fixes):
- mv /path/to/pkg_src_summary.txt /path/to/pkg_src_summary_prev.txt
- env PSS_SLAVES=+6 pkg_src_summary -f 'PKGNAME PKGPATH' \
       > /path/to/pkg_src_summary.txt
- pkg_cmp_summary -p \
       /path/to/pkg_src_summary_prev.txt /path/to/pkg_src_summary.txt |
       > /path/to/packages_to_be_rebuild.txt
- run pbulk here
  (pbulk.conf:
   limited_list=/path/to/packages_to_be_rebuild.txt
   )

Requirement: commits to quarter branches MUST increase package version.
Otherwise pkg_cmp_summary will not list changed packages.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.