dependancies and bulk builds

Hi,
the way we currently handle depandancies in bulk builds is really suboptimal.
The perl upgrade was a disaster, almost everything was rebuilt, taking
several days, because of this. But in most case it's just a depedancy at build
time (perl is part of the tools) and the resulting binaries don't depend on it.
A lot of time to provide updated binaries could have been saved here.
Now it's libvorbis which has been updated, causing kdelibs to be rebuilt
So all kde will be rebuilt, and I suspect a lot of gnome too.
Again it's just a PKGREVISION bump, I'm almost sure the abi didn't change
and rebuilding the whole set of packages depending on it up to LEAF packages
is just a waste of time.

Would someone have a look at improving this ?