Re: dependancies and bulk builds

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 05:02:22PM +0200, Dieter Baron wrote:
>   That would mean that if the verion of package A changes, only A and
> its direct dependencies are rebuilt, but indirect dependencies are
> not?

The default check also compares the time of a binary package against its
dependencies. That enforces the indirect dependencies.

>   Joerg: could you please add an option so this can be selected via
> config file?  I think it's a valuable option to have.

*What* part should be optional? The time check?

>   Everyone: do we feel this is an acceptable tradeof for our official
> binary packages?

I don't know. It depends a lot on the platform and build resources.
For the AMD64 build I need around 4 days right now. That's a full
non-incremental build.

Joerg