Re: The following selected options are not supported: prefix-cmds.

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> > I think it would make sense to distinguish between deprecated and obsolete
> > options. The former ones should generate a warning, and the latter ones an
> > error. A deprecated option should become obsolete about three months after
> > it became deprecated.
>
> Yes and that is exactly what happened here.

My point was that the error said "not supported" which is true but then I
had to research to find out what happened. I didn't know if it was a bug
in pkgsrc, a typo, or what.

So I'd prefer if the error said "The following selected options are
deprecated: prefix-cmds (use kerberos-prefix-cmds instead)".

  Jeremy C. Reed