Re: gnucash fails on Darwin

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 08:31:53AM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 11:02:27PM -0500, Louis Guillaume wrote:
> > Ok - after some more research it appears (from this page:
> > http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSXInstallation ) that we need guile16,
> > which we have, and guile16-slib, which we don't have.
>
> The information is outdated -- gnucash (since about 1.9.7) works with
> guile18.
>
> I'm not quite sure where the problem you're seeing is coming from, but
> I don't think it comes from that version difference.

Mac OS X doesn't link programs with shared libraries that contain
undefined symbols. It works fine on ELF system until the program
tries to call one of the routines with unresolve external references.
The "gnome-vfs" package has this problem a year ago.

What does "nm /usr/pkg/lib/lib<whathever-guile>.so | grep _scm_boot_guile"
print out under NetBSD?

        Kind regards