Re: file-check results seem overly aggressive

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 04:41:20PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> So what's wrong - should the python install not build these:
>
> PYTHONPATH=/usr/pkg/lib/python2.4
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/ANONCVS/pkgsrc/lang/python24/work/Python-2.4.4:
> ./python -Wi -t /usr/pkg/lib/python2.4/compileall.py  -d /usr/pkg/li\
> b/python2.4/site-packages -f  -x badsyntax
> /usr/pkg/lib/python2.4/site-packages

Well, this assumes that the Python build is the only thing. I am not
sure if Python has already compiled all modules, which would explain
this as well.

> or should file-check somehow know this is ok?

It shouldn't be. The check on the timestamps is important to find out
when files have changed unintentionally.

I think this happens only with make replace though. Another reason why
Someone Else (TM) should pick up and get the DESTDIR path for replace
finished.

Joerg