Re: patch filenames

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 01:30:12PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 12:50:44AM +0100, Roland Illig wrote:
> > 3. Group functional changes into one patch file:
>
> Absolutely rejected. This is a nightmare for maintainance.

I disagree, having designed and used a packaging system
which used this infrastructure. It works very well, is
kind to the SCM, and is efficient to the point of brevity.

You'll need to provide a better proof than vigorous assertion.

Regards,
Alistair

PS. I'd prefer to see the patch file names have the patched
file name embedded, for new patches, but that's another matter.