Re: DHCP vs RARP?

> It sounds as if you might be doing (to start with  the example in the
> dhcpd man page)

>             host haagen {
>               hardware ethernet 08:00:2b:4c:59:23;
> 	      hardware ethernet 08:00:12:33:45:66;
> 	      hardware ethernet 08:00:ff:ee:dd:b0;
>               fixed-address 239.252.197.9;
>               filename "/tftpboot/haagen.boot";
>             }

Yes, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm doing.

>> I actually was surprised I didn't get errors upon including multiple
>> `hardware ethernet' clauses.
> Generating an error for multiple mac addr specs is one possibility,
> simply discarding earlier ones and using the last encountered is
> another.

Replicating most of the declaration just to make up for deficiencies in
the parser is...aesthetically offensive, is perhaps the best short
description.  (It's also annoyingly tedious to add a new address to.)

If I end up doing much that depends on DHCP-assigned diskless booting
addresses, I'll probably fix this at some point.  (I had a look at the
code and it's too much of a twisty maze for me to fix it quickly.  But
I'm confident that, by adding some debugging code and running further
tests, I can figure it out.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign