Re: Question about NetBSD implementation of IPv6 SLAAC and RFC4941

> Maybe your definition of static differs from mine.
> By static I mean you have addresses and routes setup in say /etc/ifconfig.re0
> Can you clarify?

I can have a static address but the routing information can be dynamic. For example if I am connected to a network that has access to more than one ISP.

> ISC dhcp client runs either DHCP or DHCP6 (not both at the same time in the same process).
> You would need something else to handle SLAAC from RA like say slaacd(8) from OpenBSD.

Ok makes sense.

> It's not in-substancial and the only updates it sees are just the parts to make it carry on working with the various API changes we've made in other parts of the kernel.

Yes, development in the kernel is more difficult/constrained.

christos