Re: Question about NetBSD implementation of IPv6 SLAAC and RFC4941

In article <8e19a96e-f084-3f39-6219-4c157c87521e%marples.name@localhost>,
Roy Marples  <roy%marples.name@localhost> wrote:
>Hi List
>
>As we seem to be cutting the cruft from the kernel recently I think it's
>time to
>remove the kernel handling of router advertisements and leave it to dhcpcd -
>there's nothing dhcpcd can't do that the kernel can for RA handling, but the
>reverse is not true.

What about systems that don't use dhcpcd? I have statically allocated
addresses at work and don't use dhcpcd currently...
Does the isc dhcp client offer the same functionality?
How much code are we talking about?

christos