Re: Routing between two internal networks

On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 2:43 PM, Jan Danielsson
<jan.m.danielsson%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I have a NetBSD router where re0 is the external interface and wm0 is
> the LAN.  I added a new wifi access point to wm1 and created a separate
> /24 segment for it.  I.e.:
>
>    re0 - external interface
>    wm0 - wired lan, 192.168.4.0/24
>    wm1 - wifi lan, 192.168.16.0/24
>
>    /etc/npf.conf contains:
>
>    map $ext_if dynamic 192.168.4.0/24 -> $ext_v4
>    map $ext_if dynamic 192.168.16.0/24 -> $ext_v4
>
>    This works fine, but I would like to be able to access the management
> interface for the wifi access point (192.168.16.2) from the wired lan.
> What's the appropriate way to make it possible to reach the wifi LAN
> from the wired LAN (for the purpose of accessing the http(s)-based
> management interface)?

(Re-posting reply because my previous one may have been in HTML which
is filtered out by the list tool.)

You shouldn't have to do anything.

Once you put an address on the wm1 interface there should be a connected
route in the routing table, and the machine should choose that route before
any other.

If it doesn't work, it could be an npf thing in which case I don't know off
hand how to solve that. I haven't spent much time with npf yet. Turning off
npf would confirm that.

Andy