Re: lib/42405: libc: getaddrinfo() should perform T_A lookups before T_AAAA lookups, was: Resolver problems

On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 01:57:32AM +0900, Hajimu UMEMOTO wrote:
> The getaddrinfo(3) queries A before AAAA on FreeBSD.  But,
> getaddrinfo(3) still returns AAAA 1st by default.
> You may want to see the following diff:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/lib/libc/net/getaddrinfo.c.diff?r1=1.53;r2=1.54

I'm sorry but I don't understand how would this help in this case? The
problem was that the AAAA query resulted in a timeout because of the
broken DNS server of the router. The FreeBSD solution would still be
affected by that timeout because it does send an AAAA query after all.

        Kind regards