Re: lib/42405: libc: getaddrinfo() should perform T_A lookups before T_AAAA lookups, was: Resolver problems

I think it makes sense to have 'disable v6' and 'disable v4' as sysctls;
that avoids the 'recompile the kernel'.

As for the problems, are they the result of a host getting a non-working
v6 address on a broken subnet?  I have been running dual v4/v6 setups in
many places for years, and had AAAA records for some of my machines, and
the only problems I've had have been when a local v6 router advertises a
prefix but connectivity is not there.