Re: lib/42405: libc: getaddrinfo() should perform T_A lookups before T_AAAA lookups, was: Resolver problems

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 08:44:46AM +0100, Adam Hoka wrote:
> I don't think that we should default to anything 4 over 6.

Despite being a big IPv6 fan I'm not sure about this anymore. With the
current default IPv6 gets frequently incorrectly blamed for network
problems caused by something else, e.g. broken DNS forwarders in
broadband routers.

The result is that people fall victim to the IPv6 FUD and compile
NetBSD without IPv6 support which makes a later migration even harder.

But now matter what the default should be the behaviour *must* be
configurable.

> ipv4 is a dead horse and
> it will soon silently disappear like floppy drives and VHS. :)

I agree. But apparently some people like riding dead horses because
they don't balk. ;-)

        Kind regards