Re: if_flags

    Date:        Tue, 27 Jan 2009 03:27:52 -0500 (EST)
    From:        der Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost>

  | A well-designed API ...

  | Actually, I'm not.  I'm just pointing out that C code, by itself, is
  | not a good spec; ...

(etc).    Who said anything about a good spec, or a well designed API.
I doubt anyone would claim the ifnet struct, and its flags, are anything
even close to that.

Not well designed, not good, but still an API, and in fact, the API
that is currently used.

  | Yes, except that it's an implementation, not a spec.

It is both.   Having one thing be both is not all that uncommon.
It might not be desirable, but it happens a lot.

kre