if_flags

I'd like to add some new IFF_ flags.  But if_flags is short, and all 16
bits are already in use.

How much of a pain would it be to grow it?  struct ifnet is prepared
for it; if_flags is 32-bit-aligned and the next field after it is a pad
field.  I know it isn't a problem for NetBSD per se, because I've
already done this to my 1.4T tree, but there are often considerations I
never think of because of the various ways my usage patterns are
unusual, hence this note.

I'm prepared to do the work (and quite likely will do it anyway for my
own use), but I'd like to get it into the tree if it wouldn't cause
trouble.

\ / Ribbon Campaign