Re: DHCP client with minimal functionality and size

On Saturday 12 April 2008 14:18:22 Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> > If you're happy with the default script that dhcpcd ships with to handle
> > ntp and nis if provided then I think we're in agreement :)
>
> I have read the thread by I don't know what is the real plan about dhcpcd.
> Should it replace the current dclient?

The current consensus is not in its present form.

> If so then I'm not for going this way with the default handling of ntp
> and NIS. Where the later is a really nono for me and the former should
> at least make it possible to save the old config file, if it is enabled
> by default at all.

I think the whole point of it being in a script means that it's easier for a
distribution to control what happens by default.

dhcpcd has always had options NOT to configure everything the DHCP server
gives it, which some people seem to have missed :)

I think the current argument is wether it should do it or not by default.

Thanks

Roy