Re: DHCP client with minimal functionality and size

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 12:35:22PM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
> On Saturday 12 April 2008 12:14:56 Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 08:38:33AM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
> > > 1) don't request it
> > > 2) request it, but don't do anything aside from pass it to the script
> > > 3) request it and do something with it
> >
> > I would split that into:
> > (1) The default request set obtained with the lease.
> > (2) An interface to query the current DHCP for additional records.
> >
> > The second class can be used by a script.
>
> If you're happy with the default script that dhcpcd ships with to handle ntp
> and nis if provided then I think we're in agreement :)

I have read the thread by I don't know what is the real plan about dhcpcd.
Should it replace the current dclient?

If so then I'm not for going this way with the default handling of ntp
and NIS. Where the later is a really nono for me and the former should
at least make it possible to save the old config file, if it is enabled
by default at all.

Bernd