Re: MPLS patches

On 3 Jan 2008, at 11:28 pm, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 22:38:31 +0200
Mihai Chelaru <kefren%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
Well, there are lots of who wonder about the applicability of MPLS
anywhere...
Has the MPLS implementation been tested for interoperability
with Cisco
or Juniper routers?
 I've tested it with Cisco only.

That itself is an important step.  If that works, I suspect the
code is
very much worth having as an optional component to NetBSD, though the
other items I mentioned are necessary for production use.

I have a couple of Cisco routers sitting idle here, and am on the
verge of having a machine I can run NetBSD on to test them against...

In particular, it's a Xen box, with virtual interfaces glued to the
external one via a bridge(4). When I get a moment, maybe this week,
I'm going to clone my old 4.0RC2 domU and upgrade it to -current,
then I'll merge in Mihai's patches and have a play!

ABS

--
Alaric Snell-Pym
Work: http://www.snell-systems.co.uk/