Re: MPLS patches

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:49:35 -0600
David Young <dyoung%pobox.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 08:12:42PM +0200, Mihai Chelaru wrote:
> > David Young wrote:
> > >I will take a look at the code later today, but I already have a
> > >question: how do I set up a MPLS network to test and see if MPLS in
> > >NetBSD works? :-) Is there a manual anywhere?
> >
> > Not much to set up. Just compile a kernel with options MPLS, start
> > ldpd and use a routing protocol to distribute routes (I use ospfd
> > in quagga)
>
> I can already run ospfd on NetBSD without using MPLS or ldpd.
> What advantages does MPLS have over what I can do today?

Well, there are lots of who wonder about the applicability of MPLS
anywhere...

Has the MPLS implementation been tested for interoperability with Cisco
or Juniper routers?  Does ospfd speak and use LDP with this code?  What
about BGP/MPLS VPNs?  (I'm not attacking -- these are things that are
necessary when using MPLS in network cores.)