tech-multimedia archive

Re: Problems (panics) with using my uvideo... Help please..

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 10:47:10PM +0100, Jeremy Morse wrote:
> (...)
> The ehci fault is odd - if it's triggered by just 64 frames, it might
> not be the same thing that I've experienced. If you type 'continue' in
> ddb after the nmi is triggered (has to be typed twice I believe), does
> it post another nmi or continue like nothing happened?  (...)

I booted the generic.uvd.morse kernel at first and triggered the NMI.
Indeed, after continue'ing twice, it seems to chug along nicely. At
least mplayer complains about some too small frames and then keeps
an increasing counter running up on the console (like, captured frames?).
No second NMI follows.

-Martin