Re: Module autounload proposal: opt-in, not opt-out

Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> writes:

> (personal note)
> It really seems to me that the current module sub-systems is at
> best a second-class capability.  I often get the feeling that
> others don't really care about modules, until it's the only way
> to provide something else (dtrace).  This proposal feels like
> another nail in the modular coffin.  Rather than disabling (part
> of) the module feature, we should find ways to improve testing
> the feature.

I'd just like to say that while I haven't gone down the "modules first"
path, I have been watching your commits and cheering you on.

I do use a few modules, and this is making me think I should try to run
MODULAR, especially on machines with less memory.
I'm a little scared of not even having UFS, but I can try it as the
low-memory machine is not important.