Re: Module autounload proposal: opt-in, not opt-out

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:

> I think that all modules that we deliver and declare safe for *autoload*
> should require to be actually tested, and a basic test (for me) includes
> testing auto-unload. That does not cover races that slip through "casual"
> testing, but should have caught the worst bugs.

That's a reasonable position for adding modules, but

> So the error in the cases you stumbled in is the autoload and keeping the
> badly tested module autoloadable but forbid its unloading sounds a bit
> strange to me.

Given where we are, do you really mean

  we should withdraw every module from autoload that does not have a
  documented test result, right now?

It seems far better to have them stay loaded than be unavailable.