Re: Proposal: Remove filemon(4); switch make meta to ktrace

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 08:46:26AM -0500, Mouse wrote:
 > >> How does this interact with someone ktracing a make run?
 > > Don't use meta mode in that case.  It is not the default.
 >
 > Well, if I'm trying to use make's meta mode and it misbehaves,

Realistically, you aren't unless you're sjg, seeing as how meta mode
appears to still be undocumented and nobody else understands exactly
what it does. It's some form of makefile generation or cross-checking
based on automatic collection of data provenance for build products
(akin to e.g.
https://www.usenix.org/legacy/events/usenix06/tech/muniswamy-reddy.html)
but that's as far as I know.

--