Re: Proposal: Remove filemon(4); switch make meta to ktrace

> - What instead?  The attached patch (patch set make-meta-v2.patch;
>   combined diff make-meta-v2.diff) replaces make's use of
>   /dev/filemon by ktrace, in meta mode.

How does this interact with someone ktracing a make run?  If it that
breaks make, I think this is a very bad idea; if it breaks the user's
ktrace, I think it is a moderately bad idea.  (I haven't had to ktrace
make very often, but when I have there hasn't been much else that would
be suitable.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign