Re: Proposal: Remove filemon(4); switch make meta to ktrace

>>>   replaces make's use of /dev/filemon by ktrace, in meta mode.
>> How does this interact with someone ktracing a make run?
> Don't use meta mode in that case.  It is not the default.

Well, if I'm trying to use make's meta mode and it misbehaves, this
sounds as though ktrace is not available as a tool for me to figure out
what's going wrong.  (Not that this is likely, but, with one of my jobs
now using 8.0, it's not as implausible as it used to be that I'd end up
trying to use something with this change.)

Unless ktrace has been improved to the point where this can coexist
with user-initiated ktracing, which doesn't sound likely in view of
what you said.

So I still call it a bad idea.  For what that's worth.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign