Re: 32-bit partition offset/size in disklabel

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 11:49:46AM +0100, Frank Wille wrote:
> Hmm... that means I would have to make a small boot/root partition,
> which uses dkctl(8) to make the rest of the disk available?

Depends on what your firmware can boot. All new x86 machines can boot from
GPT.

> And what about other partition formats, like Apple Partition Maps,
> Amiga RDB, SGI, Sparc...? Is it planned to add support for them?

You mean as on-disk representations for the wedge autocnfiguration
code? I'm not sure that makes sense for all of those formats, but
where it does, it should be done. Probably cleaner than magically creating
a pseudo-disklabel that is not writable.

Martin