Re: 32-bit partition offset/size in disklabel

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 10:44:42AM +0100, Frank Wille wrote:
> I don't understand how NetBSD supports partitions larger than 2TB or
> starting beyond the 2TB boundary (assuming a sector size of 512 bytes)...

Not with disklabels, but with wedges. While disklabel mixed the runtime
and on-disk represantation in a single structure, wedges separate this.
You can create "run-time only" wedges on the fly with dkctl(8), and one
example of a working on-disk format is GPT.

Martin