Re: 32-bit partition offset/size in disklabel

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:12:26 +0100
Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> Not with disklabels, but with wedges. While disklabel mixed the
> runtime and on-disk represantation in a single structure, wedges
> separate this. You can create "run-time only" wedges on the fly with
> dkctl(8),

Hmm... that means I would have to make a small boot/root partition,
which uses dkctl(8) to make the rest of the disk available?

> and one example of a working on-disk format is GPT.

From the dk(4) man page also MBR and BSD-labels can be converted
automatically into disk-wedges. Is it supported by sysinst?

And what about other partition formats, like Apple Partition Maps,
Amiga RDB, SGI, Sparc...? Is it planned to add support for them?

--
Frank Wille