32-bit partition offset/size in disklabel

While looking at struct disklabel in src/sys/sys/disklabel.h I wonder
about the partition offset and size being 32-bit values:

        struct  partition {             /* the partition table */
                uint32_t p_size;        /* number of sectors in partition */
                uint32_t p_offset;      /* starting sector */
        [...]

I don't understand how NetBSD supports partitions larger than 2TB or
starting beyond the 2TB boundary (assuming a sector size of 512 bytes)...

--
Frank Wille