Re: write alignment matters?

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011, der Mouse wrote:

It's a 53c8xx:  we load the "firmware" into it from our own driver.

I just had a look at esiop.ss, and it looks high-level enough that it's
plausible to me that the problem is with whatever's backing that code,
whether silicon or ROMed firmware or whatever.

I just verified that I see the same on a 53c875 using esiop(4), and it also does the same thing with siop(4). I also found that it works fine if the buffer is at an even address and only failed on odd addresses. It's been quite a while since I was working on the Amiga driver with similar chips, and I don't remember if there was anything special needed with odd addresses. Next time I've got my Amiga on, I'll try the test program there. I've also got a 53c875 in an Alpha that I plan on testing.

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant